By Sara Brett

Wednesday 4 June 2014

Slate || Shoreditch







Photos taken on iPhone 4S || Website

Deadlines are approaching to just a quick one from me today!

Anyone who knows me well knows that I love spending money on really good food as much as I like spending money on really nice clothes. I can't believe its taken me quite this long to think about and go ahead with blogging about somewhere I have been to eat. Perhaps it's because when really good food is in front of me I'd rather eat it than take photos of it.

Last week in the midst of toiling my final piece for the last term of university I decided to take  a quick break and grab a bite to eat somewhere near by. I normally go to the cafe down the road but decide to try somewhere different...A little tiny coffee shop called Slate.

Could not have made a better decision that day. 

The Soya Latte was great and the Build your own salad idea they have going on at this place was genious. I went for smoked salmon, sun-dried tomatoes, avocado and roasted veg which was cooked up in chilli and pepper. It was served with orange wedges and a little old jam jar full of olive oil and balsamic vinegar to add as you please... all on a Slate, hence the name of the place.

If you are dropping by Shoreditch any time soon be sure to re fuel here, on Curtain Road, easy to find. Did I mention they also do very good looking cakes and pastries...

Sara x


No comments:

Post a Comment