By Sara Brett

Friday 28 November 2014

House of Fraser press day SS15

















Don't get me wrong, I love winter, and everything that goes with it. By the time it gets to the end of summer I am ready to laze around on the sofa on those cold icy nights, glass of wine in hand watching my favourite movie and wearing my favourite knitted jumper. But there is something equally as exciting about summer; the thought of being able to walk around in just a summer dress, or a pair of culotte, and those hot sunny holidays away that we eagerly await for throughout the year!

I was lucky enough to be invited to the House of Fraser SS15 Press day a few fridays back and I had the best time there. Greeted with elderflower cordial I quickly began making my way around the show rooms eager to see what's in store for our wardrobes next summer!

I totally fell in love with the Pied a Terre bag which you can see in the first photo, the marbled black and white effect grabbed my attention straight away and its just one of those simple pieces that would go with absolutely everything. As for the Hugo Boss black bag (second photo) and the Ralph Lauren paint splat jeans (third photo); they will be going straight on my 'to save for' list. I am tempted to try a bit of DIY with an old pair of boyfriend jeans and some acrylic paint so watch this space!!

As for Biba, they seem to have got it right too; we have seen a lot of metallic leather as of late, especially on the catwalks and their metallic leather jacket will be special edition with only a small amount made so make sure you grab one before its too late.

You can also see that I had a sneak into the Homeware showroom and needless to say it was absolutely insane; lobster print cushions as part of their nautical collection, copper trinkets, vases, and candles holders to ad warmth into a minimal room and all those necessities to really make home 'home'.

While most of you will already know, today is black Friday and cyber monday is around the corner. If you're looking for  a party dress for the Christmas season or a present for someone social look no further and click the links below...


Happy friday, 

S x

No comments:

Post a Comment