By Sara Brett

Saturday 24 August 2013

Little gems








From left to right: Open circle ring from Magnolia (unavailable so see a similar one here- my cousin Holly Hyams is a fantastic jewllry designer so check out her other designs!), Fire Opal ring, from a little stall in Nottingham (see similar here), Opal sterling silver and gold band ring from Bluemoon gallery, and finally the Sterling silver and gold dot ring also from Bluemoon gallery.

I love seeing photos of peoples bedrooms, especially bloggers. Not because I am creepy but because I think it gives such an insight into who a person really is and what they are like. My room is a box, and I carefully chose everything in it so I had maximum storage, without trying to compromise on the aesthetics! Although I have over 10 ugly plastic boxes with sketchbooks, magazines and other things, they are all hidden away under my bed, and the only things you see are the things I want you to.

One of my many obsessions are rings. Jewellery actually is a problem... I say that with all honestly. I cant stop buying jewellry. I go through fazes of wearing a pendant non stop, like my Daisy's gold heart chakra pendant or a crown one (which I can't find anywhere so here is the kids version-still very cute) that my friend bought me. But I am a sucker for a good bit of high street costume jewellry. Zara and Topshop have to be my favourite places to go to, but when the debit card cannot stretch New look is always a winner. In the past few months whenever I have popped down to my local store I have been surprised in a good way at all the brilliant pieces they have for bargain prices.

Anyway, enough rambling  and back to the rings. With rings I do not compramise. They are all individual to me, all unique in their own way. Don't get me wrong, I own a few rings from the high street, but the majority are made by local jewellery designers or come from abroad. I think every single one has some kind of memory linked to it, and that is what I love most about them. I always get comments about them and asked where I got them (and in a selfish way I love that no one has the same ring as me!) and I feel naked when I am not wearing at least three of them.

On a recent 'date day' to Brighton, while me and my boyfriend were strolling along the sea front he soon found himself being stopped (he is used to it) for me to have a quick peek in a little shop. I left with this shell which I had a sudden urge to buy to display and put my rings in at night or when I don't wear them! What do you think? I couldn't resist once I had bought it, I love the colours you can see in the inside of the shell and I love the fact that it adds something a little natural to my room. The intention is that is comes to my London flat with me, so once I am all settled up there I will take a photo of my room to show you what I have done.... but in the mean time let me know what you think! Have you got any clever ways of storing your jewellery?

Sara x

4 comments: