By Sara Brett

Thursday 24 October 2013

Leigh Viner







I guess I am feeling inspired. I am a month into my university course at LCF and getting back into drawing, researching, using a sewing machine more than once a month and generally doing something a little exciting is good.

I came across the work of Leigh Viner just over a year ago, maybe slightly longer. For me, my favourite thing to do is to draw, and drawing people is even better. I think thats why my love of clothes, fashion and shopping along with this has made me want to study fashion design ever since I can rememeber. I have vivid memories of being sat with my cousins at their dining room table designing dresses and drawing my own little stylised characters.

So anyway, besides the rambling, Leigh Viner has a way of capturing something so beautiful. The vivid colours and lines along with the soft shading and shadows makes her work turn from being super graphic into something much more softer. If she ever wanted to do a picture of me I most certainly wouldn't turn it down.

Follow her on instagram @leighviner and check out more of her work there, or alternatively her blog at www.leighviner-blog.com. You may just become as obsessed with her work as I am.



No comments:

Post a Comment